12.4.08

tomcruise.5

the frog hits the water
there are small sounds of rocks landing on rocks
a shot clock expires
I hope™ you remember me
there is a boar and a baboon and a bull is charging
Tom Cruise waves his arms in the air chasing us from the yard
and I hope™ you remember me
a piece of hair falls through the air to the carpet
pink bunnies jump on the bed in the dark room
it is a wall that is covered in picture frames
a vehicle with its wheels spinning as it falls from the cliff to the landfill
I do not know how to call and that is why I sit here crumbling up this paper bag and folding it a couple times and tossing it into
the red garbage can next to the black lamp
Tom Cruise puts on a shirt and walks across the room to the mirror
I can see your light through this pollution and these miles
someone drives a car and looks through the windshield
the ocean splashes on the boat
I dance nearby and look over at you
I walk with you on the asphalt nearing the patch of grass
you walk on the yellow line in the street I walk behind you
and put my hands on your shoulders and we both walk this line
you look up and stumble while I hold onto your shoulders so
I stumble with you
and I am glad™ to lose my balance with you near the tree with
the swing swaying in the breeze that carries these leaves towards us
while the clouds move near the moon and it gets darker I grip tighter
but no worry™ no worry™
the large animal jumps from the tree
I run over to it
it slashes my skin and my shirt and my headband
and my hair moves in the wind
as I bleed I look over to you and I try to tell you with my eyes
that you are worth protecting
the animal knocks me to the ground
and stands over me I swing a stick at it and scream and look into it’s eyes
it bites my neck and you throw a rock
that knocks it out still biting my neck
together we open its mouth with out hands
I roll on the grass
come here please lay here with me
please there are birds flying through the clouds let’s watch them
the grass is wet and bloody and I pull you in
and lean on your skin with my clothing
the light shines through the window
there is a wind chime hanging over a porch
I go to sleep on the couch with my elbows on my knees
and my hands on my chin
the baseball players sing along with the recording of the national anthem
holding their hats over their hearts